Last week 700 travel experts sampled the Wild Atlantic Way during the Adventure Travel World Summit. Sarah Canty asks locals if the first season of the WAW leaves them optimistic for the future
By Ailin Quinlan
To you or me, it's a simple little yellow cardigan, but to mother-of-six Mary Sexton it's far more than that. It's an amulet.
Later this month, an image of the tiny baby's cardigan, which lies carefully folded in a cupboard in the Sexton home in the West Cork village of Timoleague, will be among those on display in a new exhibition which sheds light on the often hidden pain of losing a child.
TOP FOR SPORT IN WEST CORK
TOP NEWS STORIES
Southern Star Poll
Closing Date: 05/03/2015
WHERE TO BUY YOUR STAR
- Gardai investigating incident in Dunmanway
- Cllrs tear strips off Irish Water
- Valleys crowned Cork premier intermediate football champions
- Running of Bantry shop defended by charity boss
- Skibb actor to feature in TG4 show on 1967
- Town could lose out on €70k over bus stop row
- Fan-tastic: Supporters show their colours at Cork SFC final