Castlemartyr Resort in East Cork has been named Golf Resort of the Year 2014 at the Irish Golf Awards which took place on Monday at a prestigious event hosted in Knockranny House Hotel, Westport, Co. Mayo.
By Catherine Ketch
MOTHERS and Others, the Yummy Mummies and Kearney's Angels (after their trainer) are the unofficial names for a new ladies Gaelic panel in the Lee Valley.
The official name, the Quarry Blues, comes from one of three Kilmurry men's teams in the 60s. That lends the blue to the jersey, the pink is for the women.
By Ailin Quinlan
To you or me, it's a simple little yellow cardigan, but to mother-of-six Mary Sexton it's far more than that. It's an amulet.
Later this month, an image of the tiny baby's cardigan, which lies carefully folded in a cupboard in the Sexton home in the West Cork village of Timoleague, will be among those on display in a new exhibition which sheds light on the often hidden pain of losing a child.
TOP FOR SPORT IN WEST CORK
TOP NEWS STORIES
Southern Star Poll
Closing Date: 15/10/2014
WHERE TO BUY YOUR STAR
- Gardai investigating incident in Dunmanway
- Puppy rescued at last from Glandore mine
- Fan-tastic: Supporters show their colours at Cork SFC final
- Big housing waiting list in South Cork
- Cllrs tear strips off Irish Water
- Walkers head for Bere Island next weekend
- 'Nobody remembers who lost the county final, they remember who won it'