This week's Star has news on broadband issues, the proposed Skibb courthouse closure, rescued dogs and the Hollywood star who thinks Bantry is 'wonderful'.
A PROMOTIONAL video for The Southern Star, created by Amanda and Edwin Landzaad from West Cork firm Siol Talamh, was launched at the paper's Business Breakfast in Bandon last Friday.
by Robert Hume
THIRTY years ago this month, USA launched Challenger, the first spacecraft to carry two women crew. Victorian astronomers, Agnes Clerke and her sister, Ellen - daughters of a Skibbereen bank manager, and both with published books or pamphlets on astronomy bearing their name - would have been intrigued; they may even have booked their places on board.
TOP FOR SPORT IN WEST CORK
Southern Star Poll
Closing Date: 15/10/2014
WHERE TO BUY YOUR STAR
- Mizen drugs accused knew he was in a dire situation
- Gone Girl and Blurred Lines star says Bantry is a 'wonderful' town
- Pedestrian killed in West Cork collision
- Gardai investigating incident in Dunmanway
- Hollywood icon Maureen O'Hara to sell her West Cork home
- Killeagh v Clon, U21
- Clerical Appointments for the Diocese of Cork and Ross