THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 10 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
Of the deaths reported today, four occurred in April, five occurred March and one in February.
The median age of those who died was 84 years and the age range was 77-97 years.
There has been a total of 4,884 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Monday 26th April, the HPSC has been notified of 426 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 247,489* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 203 are men / 221 are women
- 74% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 29 years old
- 156 in Dublin, 39 in Donegal, 28 in Kildare, 28 in Meath, 25 in Limerick and the remaining 150 cases are spread across 18 other counties**.
As of 8am today, 153 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 47 are in ICU. There were 10 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 25 2021, 1,398,061 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 998,134 people have received their first dose
- 399,927 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s Covid-19 vaccination programme.
* Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 6 confirmed cases. The figure of 247,489 confirmed cases reflects this.
**County data should be considered provisional as the national Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting System (CIDR) is a dynamic system and case details are continually being validated and updated.
Today’s cases, 5-day moving average of new cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 26th April 2021) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
|County||Today's cases (to midnight 26Apr2021)||5 day moving average (to midnight 26Apr2021)||14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population (13Apr2021 to 26Apr2021)||New Cases during last 14 days (13Apr2021 to 26Apr2021)|
~The 5-day moving average of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers.
- the 7-day incidence rate is 67.2