The Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) has today been notified of two additional deaths related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 1,826 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Saturday 10th October the HPSC has been notified of 814 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 42,528 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 432 are men / 381 are women
- 70% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 226 in Dublin, 77 in Cork, 64 in Galway, 56 in Donegal, 48 in Meath and the remaining 343 cases are spread across all remaining counties.
As of 2pm today 204 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 30 are in ICU. 16 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Dr. Tony Holohan, chief medical officer, Department of Health said; 'It is vital that the entire population consistently implement public health advice into their daily lives; keep your social contacts to an absolute minimum and keep physical distance when you need to be out of your home.
'22 out of 26 counties have 7 day incidence rates as a percentage of 14 day incidence rates above 50%. This shows rapidly increasing growth rates across the country.”
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search ‘Coronavirus Podcast’ at the top right of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. This week’s podcast features singer and producer Iarla Ó Lionáird, a former member of the hugely successful Afro Celt Sound System. In more recent years, he has been a member of the traditional/folk supergroup The Gloaming. He spoke at length to Southern Star creative manager Niall O'Driscoll about growing up in Cúil Aodha, his varied career and making music from his home near Inistioge in Co Kilkenny during the pandemic.
- You can subscribe to the Southern Star Coronavirus podcast which is available on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts.