Family devastated as two pet dogs die in Clonakilty house fire

June 13th, 2019 2:42 PM

By Southern Star Team

Toy poodle Blake survived the house fire.

Share this article

Pet dogs Harry (4) and Daisy (11) both died in the fire, while Blake (5), a toy poodle – pictured – survived it.

TWO pet dogs tragically perished in a house fire in Clonakilty while the family were out for a few hours on Sunday afternoon last.

The Mehigan family were on their way home from an outing to Cork City when they were told that a fire had broken out in their home at Kilgarriff, Clonakilty, according to Eve Mehigan, who had been living in the property with her mother and brother, as well as three dogs, Harry (4) and Daisy (11), who both died in the fire, and Blake (5), a toy poodle – pictured – who survived it.

The kitchen and laundry room were gutted and considerable damage was done to the rest of the house by the accidental fire. Because of the fire damage, members of the heartbroken family are staying with relatives at the moment.

Share this article

Related content


to our mailing list for the latest news and sport:

Thank You!

You have successfully been subscribed to SouthernStar newsletter!

Form submitting... Thank you for waiting.