THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 1 additional death related Covid-19.
There has been a total of 1,817 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Wednesday 7th October the HPSC has been notified of 506 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 40,086* confirmed cases of C Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 240 are men / 265 are women
- 64% are under 45 years of age
- 39% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 59 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 91 in Dublin, 76 in Cork, 53 in Donegal, 42 in Meath and the remaining 244 cases are located across 21 counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
*Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 4 confirmed cases. The figure of 40,086 confirmed cases reflects this.
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search ‘Coronavirus Podcast’ at the top right of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. This week’s podcast features singer and producer Iarla Ó Lionáird, a former member of the hugely successful Afro Celt Sound System. In more recent years, he has been a member of the traditional/folk supergroup The Gloaming. He spoke at length to Southern Star creative manager Niall O'Driscoll about growing up in Cúil Aodha, his varied career and making music from his home near Inistioge in Co Kilkenny during the pandemic.
- You can subscribe to the Southern Star Coronavirus podcast which is available on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts.