THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 7 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 2,050 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Friday 27th November, the HPSC has been notified of 243 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 71,942 confirmed cases in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 137 are men / 104 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 91 in Dublin, 26 in Donegal, 18 in Cork, 16 in Waterford, 15 in Limerick, and the remaining 77 cases are spread across another 18 counties.
As of 2pm today 254 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 31 are in ICU. There were 20 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
Today’s cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 27 November 2020) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
|County||Today's cases (to midnight 27NOV2020)||14-Day incidence rate per 100,000 population (14NOV2020 to 27NOV2020)||New Cases during last 14 days
(14NOV2020 to 27NOV2020)
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search ‘Coronavirus Podcast’ at the top right of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. On this week's podcast, news editor Siobhán Cronin talks to former broadcaster and hotelier, and now wellness coach, Bibi Baskin. Although a Donegal native, Bibi is now based in Crosshaven and has just published a new pocket guide to happiness. There’s also music from Castletownbere-based classical pianist David Syme, and a review of this week’s newspaper.