THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 10 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
Of the deaths, nine occurred in March, one date of death remains under investigation.
The median age of those who died was 75 years and the age range was 45-88 years.
There has been a total of 4,576 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Thursday 18th March, the HPSC has been notified of 507 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 229,306* confirmed cases in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 249 are men / 255 are women
- 70% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 33 years old
- 216 in Dublin, 40 in Kildare, 29 in Galway, 24 in Offaly, 18 in Tipperary, and the remaining 180 cases are spread across 20 other counties. **
As of 8am today, 336 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 87 are in ICU. There were 43 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 16th, 632,359 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 463,500 people have received their first dose
- 168,859 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s vaccination programme.
* Validation of data has resulted in the re-classification of 3 probable cases to confirmed status. The figure of 229,306 confirmed cases reflects this.
**County data should be considered provisional as the national Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting System (CIDR) is a dynamic system and case details are continually being validated and updated.
Today’s cases, 5-day moving average of new cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 18 March 2021) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
(to midnight 18Mar2021)
|5-Day Moving Average of New Cases||14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population
|New Cases during last 14 days
~The 5-day moving average of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers.
- 7-day incidence is 73.3
- 5-day moving average is 513