The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 48 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
The median age of those who died is 82 years and the age range is 30-99 years.
There has been a total of 3,214* Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Thursday 28th January, the HPSC has been notified of 1,254 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 193,892** confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 587 are men / 658 are women
- 54% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 42 years old
- 437 in Dublin, 146 in Cork, 76 in Meath, 69 in Wexford, 62 in Kildare and the remaining 464 cases are spread across all other counties***
As of 2pm today, 1,518 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 211 are in ICU. 51 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
The Covid-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search Coronavirus Podcast at the top of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube.
- You can subscribe to the Southern Star Coronavirus podcast which is available on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts.