Distribution was delayed this week by the bad weather, but West Cork's favourite newspaper is now in most shops, so make sure of your copy. It's the best read in town today. And there's even a free Weddings magazine...enjoy!
The snow and the storm disrupted usual distribution, but we've pulled out all the stops and we're glad to report that The Southern Star is now on sale in Cork City, from Hurley's (The Pike) and in all usual outlets as far as Skibbereen. It is also available in Enniskeane, Ballineen, Dunmanway, Drimoleague, Bantry and the Mizen peninsula. It will be available in Bandon and Clonakilty from first thing tomorrow morning.
It's the best read in West Cork today ... in fact it's probably the only read! And there's even a free Weddings magazine...enjoy!
In this week's Southern Star:
• Beast of the East grips the West
• Firefighters rescue dog after gorse fire marathon
• Dr calls for one-year ban on buses to discos
• Ní Riada pleads for locals’ fears to be heeded
• Tour operator critical of Fastnet plan
• Contract signing brings confidence to flood-prone Clon
• War of the Buttons reunion call
• Free 28-page Weddings magazine
IN LIFE & COMMUNITY
• West Cork Hero Awards special
• Feelings are not facts
• Bandon golfer takes on China
• Interview with Alan O’Connor
• Denzil Fernandes joins Cobh
• Kerry Desmond back with Bandon