THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 5 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 1,890 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Monday 26th October the HPSC has been notified of 720 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 58,767* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 348 are men / 371 are women
- 65% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 228 in Dublin, 130 in Cork, 47 in Galway, 31 in Meath, 27 in Limerick and the
remaining 257 cases are spread across another 20 counties.
As of 2pm today 341 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 38 are in ICU. 29 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search ‘Coronavirus Podcast’ at the top right of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. This week’s podcast is a special on supporting local businesses. News editor Siobhan Cronin is joined by Bantry Business Association chairman Diarmaid Murphy and by Hilary O’Farrell of the Bandon Business Association with music by Cork band Luunah.
- You can subscribe to the Southern Star Coronavirus podcast which is available on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts.