THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 14 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
Of these deaths, 12 occurred in March, one in February and one in January.
The median age of those who died was 83 years and the age range was 68-97 years.
There has been a total of 4,681 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Monday 29th March, the HPSC has been notified of 368 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 235,444* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 181 are men / 182 are women
- 67% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 34 years old
- 127 in Dublin, 34 in Kildare, 26 in Meath, 21 in Limerick, 19 in Offaly and the remaining 141 cases are spread across 18 other counties**.
As of 8am today, 310 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 67 are in ICU. There were 29 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 27th 2021, 802,502 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 577,641 people have received their first dose
- 224,861 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s Covid-19 vaccination programme.
* Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 2 confirmed cases. The figure of 235,444 confirmed cases reflects this.
**County data should be considered provisional as the national Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting System (CIDR) is a dynamic system and case details are continually being validated and updated.
Today’s cases, 5-day moving average of new cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 29 March 2021) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
(to midnight 29Mar2021)
|5-Day Moving Average of New Cases||14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population
|New Cases during last 14 days
~The 5-day moving average of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers.
- 7-day incidence 84.1
- 5-day moving average 543