THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of three additional deaths related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 2,036 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Wednesday 25th November, the HPSC has been notified of 335 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 71,494* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 162 are men / 171 are women
- 64% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 35 years old
- 119 in Dublin, 29 in Kilkenny, 23 in Limerick, 20 in Donegal, 19 in Tipperary, 19 in Cork, with the remaining 106 spread across 19 other counties.
As of 2pm today 246 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 35 are in ICU. There were 15 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
*Validation of data at the HPSC led to the denotification of 28 confirmed cases. The figure of 71,494 confirmed cases reflects this.
Today’s cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 25 November 2020) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
|County||Today's cases (to midnight 25NOV2020)||14-Day incidence rate per 100,000 population (12NOV2020 to 25NOV2020)||New Cases during last 14 days
(12NOV2020 to 25NOV2020)
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search ‘Coronavirus Podcast’ at the top right of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. On this week's podcast, news editor Siobhán Cronin talks to former broadcaster and hotelier, and now wellness coach, Bibi Baskin. Although a Donegal native, Bibi is now based in Crosshaven and has just published a new pocket guide to happiness. There’s also music from Castletownbere-based classical pianist David Syme, and a review of this week’s newspaper.
- You can subscribe to the Southern Star Coronavirus podcast which is available, in audio and video versions, on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts.