News

City youths are told to stay out of West Cork

May 3rd, 2020 7:10 AM

By Southern Star Team

Cars were broken into at Eltins Wood in Kinsale.

Share this article

TWO juveniles have been ordered to stay out of West Cork after they were charged in connection with a series of break-ins to cars and the theft of van in Kinsale earlier this month.

The two youths, from Cork city, were arrested and brought before a special sitting of Bandon District Court last Friday in relation to crimes which happened in Kinsale on April 6th. Thieves broke into 15 cars at Eltins Wood and Compass Quay in Kinsale at around 4am on the morning in question and a Renault van was also stolen in the town on the same night.

In court, Insp Brian Murphy told Judge John King that gardaí did not have any objection to the two youths obtaining bail provided that they agreed to abide by a number of strict bail conditions.

The conditions included that they would stay at their home addresses in Cork city, abide by a 10pm to 7am curfew and that they would not enter West Cork, except for court.

Insp Murphy also asked that the youths agree to abide by government guidelines regarding Covid-19, including that they would not venture more than 2km from their homes for the duration of the pandemic.

The two youths agreed to abide by the conditions sought by gardaí and Judge King remanded both youths on their own bonds to appear again at Bandon District Court on July 3rd when the case will be mentioned again.

Subscribe to the Southern Star's YouTube channel, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the latest news and sport from West Cork.

Tags used in this article

Share this article

Related content

Subscribe

to our mailing list for the latest news and sport:

Thank You!

You have successfully been subscribed to SouthernStar newsletter!

Form submitting... Thank you for waiting.