The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of three additional deaths related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 4,899 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Wednesday 28th April, the HPSC has been notified of 474 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 248,326* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 239 are men / 232 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 32 years old
- 167 in Dublin, 39 in Kildare, 37 in Cork, 36 in Donegal, 29 in Meath and the remaining 166 cases are spread across all other counties**.
As of 8am today, 155 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 44 are in ICU. There were 14 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 27 2021, 1,452,434 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 1,041,284 people have received their first dose
- 411,150 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s Covid-19 vaccination programme.
* Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 5 confirmed cases. The figure of 248,326 confirmed cases reflects this.
**County data should be considered provisional as the national Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting System (CIDR) is a dynamic system and case details are continually being validated and updated.
Today’s cases, 5-day moving average of new cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 28 April 2021) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
|County||Today's cases (to midnight 28Apr2021)||5 day moving average (to midnight 28Apr2021)||14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population (15Apr2021 to 28Apr2021)||New Cases during last 14 days (15Apr2021 to 28Apr2021)|
~The 5-day moving average of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers.
- the 7-day incidence rate is 63.5
- 5 Day Moving average 426