THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 3 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 2,120 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Thursday, 11 December, the HPSC has been notified of 313 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 75,507* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 144 are men / 169 are women
- 67% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 35 years old
- 70 in Dublin, 31 in Mayo, 21 in Kilkenny, 19 in Donegal, 18 in Laois and the remaining 154 cases are spread across 19 other counties.
As of 2pm today 197 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 35 are in ICU. There were 12 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
*Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 9 confirmed cases. The figure of 75,507 confirmed cases reflects this.
|Today’s cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 10 December 2020) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search ‘Coronavirus Podcast’ at the top right of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. This week’s podcast is an interview with Bandon native and Sunday Times political correspondent and columnist Justine McCarthy. Justine, a highly respected campaigning journalist, talks about growing up in West Cork, starting her journalism career in The Southern Star and some of the incredible stories she has covered in her wide-ranging and very impressive career. And this week's music – from Clare singer Susan O’Neill and singer-songwriter Mick Flannery – is their duet Baby Talk, which won ‘Best Original Folk Track of The Year’ at the RTÉ Radio 1 Folk Awards last week.
- You can subscribe to the Southern Star Coronavirus podcast which is available, in audio and video versions, on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts.