THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of one additional death related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 4,906* Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Saturday 1st May, the HPSC has been notified of 402 confirmed cases of Covid-19.
There has now been a total of 249,838** confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 220 are men / 182 are women
- 79% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31.5 years old
As of 8am today, 127 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 41 are in ICU. There were six additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 30th, 2021, 1,572,779 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 1,130,958 people have received their first dose
- 441,821 people have received their second dose
*Validation of data at the HPSC led to the denotification of 1 death. The figure of 4,906 reflects this.
**Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 case. The figure of 249,838 confirmed cases reflects this.
- 5-day moving average: 472