In this week's Southern Star . . .
• West Cork reeling as AIB announces plans to go cashless
• Dramatic rescue of a 12-year-old boy at Owenahincha Beach.
• Big surge in US visitors to West Cork this summer, but a dramatic drop in Irish tourists.
• Leading UK business woman Jacqueline O'Donovan does all her best thinking in Goleen
• Fintan beats Paul in battle of gold medal-winning teammates
• Five-page county championship preview special
• Mighty Mathúnas crowned kings of Cork
• Caheragh native Michael Bohane delivers historic win for Carbery bowling