THERE have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.
There has now been a total of 1,792 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Saturday, 19 September, the HPSC has been notified of 396 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 32,933* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 172 are men / 224 are women
- 70% are under 45 years of age
- 26% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 58 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 241 cases are in Dublin, 36 in Cork, 19 in Donegal, 12 in Galway, 11 in Meath, 11 in Kildare, 9 in Monaghan, 7 in Louth, 6 in Clare, 6 in Offaly, 6 in Waterford and 5 in Wicklow, with the remaining 27 cases spread across 11 counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19in the community.
Dr Ronan Glynn, Acting Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said: ‘The cases we are reporting today were seeded in the last week. This virus spreads from person to person. We now have a collective task across the country to break the chains of transmission and stop this virus from spreading further.
‘Plan to see half the number of people this week that you saw last week. When you do meet, do so safely – keep your distance, wear a face covering if appropriate and wash your hands.
‘Every individual action we take to interrupt the transmission of this disease keeps ourselves and our families safe.’
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search Coronavirus Podcast at the top of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. This week’s podcast features an interview with Clonakilty author Louise O’Neill, who talks about life and love during lockdown, recovery from anorexia, and the many and varied themes of her novels, the latest of which is a psychological thriller set on an Irish-speaking West Cork island.
- You can subscribe to the Southern Star Coronavirus podcast which is available on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, or wherever you get your podcasts.