THE Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 2 additional deaths related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 2,052 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Saturday 28th November, the HPSC has been notified of 299 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 72,241 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 158 are men / 141 are women
- 67% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 34 years old
- 94 are in Dublin, 41 in Donegal, 27 in Wicklow, 14 in Louth, 13 in Limerick and the remaining 110 cases are spread across 20 other counties.
As of 2pm today 257 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 30 are in ICU. There were 7 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
Today’s cases, , 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 28 November 2020) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
|County||Today's cases (to midnight 28NOV2020)||14-Day incidence rate per 100,000 population (15NOV2020 to 28NOV2020)||New Cases during last 14 days
(15NOV2020 to 28NOV2020)
- To watch or listen to the Southern Star Coronavirus Podcast, please search ‘Coronavirus Podcast’ at the top right of this page or see the Southern Star on YouTube. On this week's podcast, news editor Siobhán Cronin talks to former broadcaster and hotelier, and now wellness coach, Bibi Baskin. Although a Donegal native, Bibi is now based in Crosshaven and has just published a new pocket guide to happiness. There’s also music from Castletownbere-based classical pianist David Syme, and a review of this week’s newspaper.