The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has not been notified of any additional deaths today related to Covid-19.
There has been a total of 4,921 Covid-19-related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Sunday 9th May, the HPSC has been notified of 381 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 253,189* confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 192 are men / 188 are women
- 77% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 188 in Dublin, 39 in Donegal, 30 in Kildare, 13 in Limerick, 13 in Cork, 13 in Tipperary, 13 in Westmeath and the remaining 72 cases are spread across 15 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 124 Covid-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 31 are in ICU. There were 15 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of Saturday 8th May, 1,827,610 doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 1,327,821 people have received their first dose
- 499,789 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s Covid-19 vaccination programme.
* Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 confirmed cases. The figure of 253,189 confirmed cases reflects this.
** County data should be considered provisional as the national Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting System (CIDR) is a dynamic system and case details are continually being validated and updated.
Today’s cases, 5-day moving average of new cases, 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population and new cases in last 14 days (as of midnight 9th May 2021) (incidence rate based on Census 2016 county population)
|County||Today's cases (to
|5 day moving average
(04MAY2021 – 09MAY2021)
rate per 100,000
|New Cases during
last 14 days (26APR2021
The 5-day moving average of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers. age of the number of new cases provides an appropriate indicator of current daily case numbers within a county. It takes account of any validation of cases for previous days and smooths out daily/weekend fluctuations in case numbers
- 7-day incidence rate is 61.30
- 5-day moving average is 425.40