Lots to do this week as rally draws closer
THE Quality Hotel West Cork Rally (March 16/17) is some seven weeks away and currently many competitors are busy preparing their cars for the two-day event that will be based in Clonakilty.
The Southern Star has decided to follow the progress and pre-event preparation of one of the best known local competitors, Barryroe’s Damien McCarthy, who finished third overall in last year’s rally.
Damien has decided to re-shell his Class 11 Honda Civic and began the project last July.
‘The car I was using throughout the last few years had a bolt-in cage, from a safety perspective, I wanted a proper welded-in cage and I suppose I also wanted to freshen up the car,’ commented Damien.
The fabrication work was completed in Ennis and last weekend, Damien took delivery of the painted shell.
Work for the current week includes setting up the seat, steering column position, floor mounted pedal box and work on the body panels. Each week, through Damien’s Diary, The Southern Star will follow his progress and look at the targets he will set for the week ahead.
- BBC to film Sinn Fein's O'Donovan Rossa funeral re-enactment in Dublin city centre
- Usi Urges Students To Submit Susi Grant Applications Before the Deadline
- In this week's Southern Star
- O'Donovan Rossa Celebrations Conclude in Dublin
- Sailing school ready to return to Bere Island shores
- The bishop and the actor put on a great night's entertainment
- Carbery Group praised for its stance on milk prices
- Major attractions at Schull Show
- IN THIS WEEK'S SOUTHERN STAR NEWSPAPER
- Skibbereen Torchlit Parade draws huge crowds