Harrington scores 3-7 as Kilbrittain crowned South West U21 C champions
KILBRITTAIN captain Declan Harrington scored a magnificent 3-7 as the black and amber men won the South West U21 C football championship final against St James, 3-12 to 1-7, on Sunday in Ballinascarthy.
Harrington’s first goal late in the opening half gave the winners a 1-6 to 0-2 lead. His second goal in the 41st minute moved the winners 2-9 to 0-3 ahead, before he added his third goal late on.
Kilbrittain manager Noel Griffin said: ‘Today was the day when everybody clicked. While ultimately we are a hurling club the football potential is there. You saw how we ran St Colum’s close last week. So now the aim is to bring these young lads through and merge successfully with the junior side.’
For a full report and reaction don’t miss this Thursday’s Southern Star.
- Cork County Board hits out at 'unjustified and personalised abusive criticism' of former manager Brian Cuthbert
- Election battle heats up as Coleman votes with FG
- Local distillery gets into the spirit of The Pogues
- Jobs boost for Cork Airport as Weston signs major contract
- Star journalists organise Morning Glory event in aid of Lisheens House
- Ballydehob flower boxes ripped from bridge
- Roads won't close for Dunmanway's annual horse fair
- All set for Dunmanway's Ballabuidhe race festival
- In this week's Southern Star
- Pool greats love West Cork adventure