Harrington scores 3-7 as Kilbrittain crowned South West U21 C champions
KILBRITTAIN captain Declan Harrington scored a magnificent 3-7 as the black and amber men won the South West U21 C football championship final against St James, 3-12 to 1-7, on Sunday in Ballinascarthy.
Harrington’s first goal late in the opening half gave the winners a 1-6 to 0-2 lead. His second goal in the 41st minute moved the winners 2-9 to 0-3 ahead, before he added his third goal late on.
Kilbrittain manager Noel Griffin said: ‘Today was the day when everybody clicked. While ultimately we are a hurling club the football potential is there. You saw how we ran St Colum’s close last week. So now the aim is to bring these young lads through and merge successfully with the junior side.’
For a full report and reaction don’t miss this Thursday’s Southern Star.
- Free events for Culture Night are on Friday
- Sale of Bantry House contents postponed
- Bantry to transform its parking spaces
- Disappointment locally as West Cork Today axed
- Buy your Southern Star at any of these outlets
- DAA Board expresses confidence in Cork Airport for 2014
- Death of Arts Centre chairman
- Flights to Dublin 'could be back next Spring'
- Historic 'hand-over' of tower and cemetery in Innishannon
- Man killed after wall collapses in Bandon