Harrington scores 3-7 as Kilbrittain crowned South West U21 C champions
KILBRITTAIN captain Declan Harrington scored a magnificent 3-7 as the black and amber men won the South West U21 C football championship final against St James, 3-12 to 1-7, on Sunday in Ballinascarthy.
Harrington’s first goal late in the opening half gave the winners a 1-6 to 0-2 lead. His second goal in the 41st minute moved the winners 2-9 to 0-3 ahead, before he added his third goal late on.
Kilbrittain manager Noel Griffin said: ‘Today was the day when everybody clicked. While ultimately we are a hurling club the football potential is there. You saw how we ran St Colum’s close last week. So now the aim is to bring these young lads through and merge successfully with the junior side.’
For a full report and reaction don’t miss this Thursday’s Southern Star.
- Water inspector's 'concern' over West Cork plants
- Skibbereen rowers through to semi-finals of the men's lightweight pair
- A lifejacket and 'rescue plan' saved fisherman Colm's life
- Leap's waterfall takes centre stage again
- Irons narrates UCC's new film on Boole
- A strong West Cork flavour to the Picnic
- Parents' fundraising leads to 'fantastic' new playground
- Liam's treat for his taxi man goes viral
- Cllr slams 'early start' for schools
- Skibbereen brothers progress to quarter-finals at world senior rowing championships