Harrington scores 3-7 as Kilbrittain crowned South West U21 C champions
KILBRITTAIN captain Declan Harrington scored a magnificent 3-7 as the black and amber men won the South West U21 C football championship final against St James, 3-12 to 1-7, on Sunday in Ballinascarthy.
Harrington’s first goal late in the opening half gave the winners a 1-6 to 0-2 lead. His second goal in the 41st minute moved the winners 2-9 to 0-3 ahead, before he added his third goal late on.
Kilbrittain manager Noel Griffin said: ‘Today was the day when everybody clicked. While ultimately we are a hurling club the football potential is there. You saw how we ran St Colum’s close last week. So now the aim is to bring these young lads through and merge successfully with the junior side.’
For a full report and reaction don’t miss this Thursday’s Southern Star.
- Baltimore drowning victims laid to rest
- Cuthbert questions penalty decision as Cork denied famous Munster final win in Killarney
- Returning Rebel Alan O'Connor is adding a spark to the Rebels
- O'Neill returns to give Clon the cutting edge
- Fachtna's death leaves void in community
- Gardai target marine crime with Mizen Coastal Watch
- Monument to finally unite Rosscarbery's three sons
- Band championships coincide with US Independence Day
- Bandon ace and Barnsley star Conor Hourihane has never forgotten his roots
- Half Way Vintage Club festival boost for RNLI