Harrington scores 3-7 as Kilbrittain crowned South West U21 C champions
KILBRITTAIN captain Declan Harrington scored a magnificent 3-7 as the black and amber men won the South West U21 C football championship final against St James, 3-12 to 1-7, on Sunday in Ballinascarthy.
Harrington’s first goal late in the opening half gave the winners a 1-6 to 0-2 lead. His second goal in the 41st minute moved the winners 2-9 to 0-3 ahead, before he added his third goal late on.
Kilbrittain manager Noel Griffin said: ‘Today was the day when everybody clicked. While ultimately we are a hurling club the football potential is there. You saw how we ran St Colum’s close last week. So now the aim is to bring these young lads through and merge successfully with the junior side.’
For a full report and reaction don’t miss this Thursday’s Southern Star.
- Gardai investigating incident in Dunmanway
- Cork City FC announce partnership with University College Cork
- In this week's Southern Star
- SLIDESHOW: Ballincollig crowned Cork senior football champions
- Bantry woman is the first Irish Mayor of Swindon
- Puppy rescued at last from Glandore mine
- Clerical Appointments for the Diocese of Cork and Ross
- Clon pupils cook up 'Kilmeendu' dishes for street children
- John's 'eco stove' could create 10 local jobs
- Sea still raging around the southwest coast