Harrington scores 3-7 as Kilbrittain crowned South West U21 C champions
KILBRITTAIN captain Declan Harrington scored a magnificent 3-7 as the black and amber men won the South West U21 C football championship final against St James, 3-12 to 1-7, on Sunday in Ballinascarthy.
Harrington’s first goal late in the opening half gave the winners a 1-6 to 0-2 lead. His second goal in the 41st minute moved the winners 2-9 to 0-3 ahead, before he added his third goal late on.
Kilbrittain manager Noel Griffin said: ‘Today was the day when everybody clicked. While ultimately we are a hurling club the football potential is there. You saw how we ran St Colum’s close last week. So now the aim is to bring these young lads through and merge successfully with the junior side.’
For a full report and reaction don’t miss this Thursday’s Southern Star.
- Tree lovers branching out with forest plan
- Little Zoe (8) died almost instantly after N71 crash
- Jennifer O'Leary joins The Southern Star sports team
- Crash victim has no memory of celebrating 21st in hospital
- Sean Óg backing Clon charity's trek
- Retired teacher died of cardiac failure
- Skibbereen golf club to mark its birthday in style
- Cllrs 'furious' there's no cash for works on dangerous N71
- McSweeney movie is portrait of the West Cork artist
- SlIDESHOW: Clonakilty U21 footballers and hurlers receive medals