Canty returns to the starting line-up for Cork
Graham Canty has been named at centre back on the Cork team for the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship quarter-final game against Kildare.
The Cork captain missed the Munster Final victory over Clare through injury but has fully recovered and is fit to take his place.
The Cork v Kildare game is the first game in a hugely attractive double-header at GAA headquarters on Sunday, with throw-in at 2pm, followed by the Kerry v Donegal game at 4pm
The game will be televised live on TV3.
The winners of the Cork v Kildare game will meet the winners of the Kerry v Donegal game in the All-Ireland semi-final on August 26th at Croke Park.
Perhaps the only slight surprise in the Cork selection is that Paddy Kelly hasn’t made the starting 15 and that Nicholas Murphy has been selected at corner forward.
With Kelly’s huge work rate and his ability to eat up the big open spaces in Croke Park, his omission is a little surprising.
The Cork team is: Alan Quirke; Ray Carey, Michael Shields, Eoin Cadogan; Paudie Kissane, Graham Canty, Noel O’Leary; Alan O’Connor, Aidan Walsh; Fintan Goold, Ciaran Sheehan, Paul Kerrigan; Colm O’Neill, Donncha O’Connor and Nicholas Murphy.
The subs haven’t been named.
- In this week's BUMPER Easter edition!
- Ban on Good Friday alcohol sales condemned
- Ready to grab his last chance
- Go-ahead for Skibbereen discount store
- No changes for Cork U21s ahead of All-Ireland semi-final
- Pilgrims to walk ancient path from Drimoleague to Gougane Barra
- Six-goal Cork minors ease past Limerick
- Gearóid Ó Súilleabháin should be remembered appropriately in his home town
- Trad Sail in Crosshaven
- Wizards of Oz returning home