Will You Walk With Us? Sunday March 2nd 2014
‘Amazing Grace,’ will be released as a CD single and download early next year to promote the Kinsale Pink Ribbon Walk, that takes place on Sunday March 2nd 2014, to benefit Action Breast Cancer a programme of the Irish Cancer Society.
Mayor of Kinsale, Tony Cierans, welcomed guests and acknowledged the tremendous success of the Kinsale Pink Ribbon Walk, both as a fundraising event and one that brings the community together in a positive way.
He was joined by Michael Coleman, PhD student at UCC who has received a Research Scholarship from the Irish Cancer Society, to complete his thesis on understanding breast cancer invasion.
‘The Kinsale Pink Ribbon Walk has raised over €205,000 in the past two years for Action Breast Cancer, a phenomenal achievement for which all participants, sponsors and the entire community in Kinsale can be proud,’ said Jackie Dawson, Chairperson Kinsale Pink Ribbon Walk.
‘We hope that as many people from Cork and further afield join us again next March to walk or run for Action Breast Cancer. We would like to acknowledge Sharon Crosbie as our Brand Ambassador, The Kinsale Good Food Circle, Cully & Sully who sponsor delicious refreshments afterwards and all our pink partners who support this incredible event,’ she added.
To kick-start the 2014 fundraising campaign, a cheque for 6,500 was presented by the Kinsale Good Food Circle, from an auction held during the Gourmet Weekend in October.
Together with other Pink Ribbon Walks in Ireland, over €830,000 has been raised to date for Action Breast Cancer.
Further details of Action Breast Cancer projects and information on the walk are available at http://www.pinkribbonwalk.ie, follow them on facebook or twitter or call the Pink Ribbon Walk Hotline on (086) 2719556.
- McCarthy's 'difficulty' on Aer Lingus sale
- Credit Union loses court bid to sell off two family homes
- Free Sunday lunch in Clonakilty today
- 'Maureen's baby' bought for hospital
- Meeting agrees protest for County Hall against Barna windfarm plans
- Tragic death in Leap of popular local jockey John 'Red' O'Donovan
- 'Mountain Goat' Simon grew up in the shadow of the Caha mountains
- Two West Cork gardens will feature in Sky 1's new show
- Clonakilty CC Corn Ui Mhuiri semi-final fixed for Knocknagree
- Official opening of West Cork's new arts centre