West Cork restaurants retain their Michelin status
Two West Cork restaurants — Deasy’s Harbour Bar & Seafood Restaurant in Clonakilty and Fishy Fishy in Kinsale — have retained their status amongst the top places to eat in Ireland.
They are two of eleven Bib Gourmand restaurants to feature in the Michelin Guide Great Britain & Ireland 2014 just published.
Michelin Bib Gourmand awards recognise those restaurants that offer good food at affordable prices up to EUR40 for three courses.
Amongst the Bib Gourmand listings this year is first time winner La Brasserie in Malahide, part of the Bon Appetit eatery which itself is a Michelin starred restaurant.
Others who retain their Bib Gourmand status are the Aldridge Lodge in Duncannon; Charthouse Restaurant in Dingle; Wild Honey Restaurant in Lisdoonvarna; Sha Roe Bistro in Clonegal; Courthouse Restaurant in Carrickmacross; Dublin City’s Pichet and Pigs’ Ear Restaurants in Trinity Street and Nassau Street respectively and the Downstairs Restaurant in Clontarf.
In total, nine restaurants have been rated Michelin Star winners this year. They include two first time winners from Kilkenny - Campagne in Kilkenny City and the Lady Helen at the Mount Juliet Hotel in Thomastown.
Others are The House Restaurant at the Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore, Co. Waterford; Aniar Restaurant at Lower Dominic Street, Galway; Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud, Thornton’s at the Fitzwilliam Hotel, Chapter One and L’Ecrivain, all in Dublin City and Bon Appétit in Malahide.
Speaking at the launch of the Michelin Guide, editor Rebecca Burr said: ‘We have never produced a GB & Ireland guide that provides our readers with such diversity and variety.’
The Michelin Guide Great Britain & Ireland 2014 will be available in bookshops from Friday, 4th October next priced at €16.99.
- Three things learned from Castlehaven v Carbery Rangers
- Woman killed in Schull collision
- Shock as Bantry supermarket plan is rejected
- Incorrect WAW signage led to confusion for motorists
- Field's SuperValu Skibb staff do ice bucket challenge!
- Speakers named for Clon TEDx event
- RNLI teams up with Beara and Kerry rescuers to recreate '50s Dursey cable car
- Trio of old friends reunite to recall days at Upton
- Appalling barbarism in Iraq and Syria
- Gardai issue new warnings as more boats are targeted