West Cork restaurants retain their Michelin status
Two West Cork restaurants — Deasy’s Harbour Bar & Seafood Restaurant in Clonakilty and Fishy Fishy in Kinsale — have retained their status amongst the top places to eat in Ireland.
They are two of eleven Bib Gourmand restaurants to feature in the Michelin Guide Great Britain & Ireland 2014 just published.
Michelin Bib Gourmand awards recognise those restaurants that offer good food at affordable prices up to EUR40 for three courses.
Amongst the Bib Gourmand listings this year is first time winner La Brasserie in Malahide, part of the Bon Appetit eatery which itself is a Michelin starred restaurant.
Others who retain their Bib Gourmand status are the Aldridge Lodge in Duncannon; Charthouse Restaurant in Dingle; Wild Honey Restaurant in Lisdoonvarna; Sha Roe Bistro in Clonegal; Courthouse Restaurant in Carrickmacross; Dublin City’s Pichet and Pigs’ Ear Restaurants in Trinity Street and Nassau Street respectively and the Downstairs Restaurant in Clontarf.
In total, nine restaurants have been rated Michelin Star winners this year. They include two first time winners from Kilkenny - Campagne in Kilkenny City and the Lady Helen at the Mount Juliet Hotel in Thomastown.
Others are The House Restaurant at the Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore, Co. Waterford; Aniar Restaurant at Lower Dominic Street, Galway; Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud, Thornton’s at the Fitzwilliam Hotel, Chapter One and L’Ecrivain, all in Dublin City and Bon Appétit in Malahide.
Speaking at the launch of the Michelin Guide, editor Rebecca Burr said: ‘We have never produced a GB & Ireland guide that provides our readers with such diversity and variety.’
The Michelin Guide Great Britain & Ireland 2014 will be available in bookshops from Friday, 4th October next priced at €16.99.
- In this week's Southern Star...
- Sale of Bantry House contents postponed
- Slideshow: Carbery Rangers v Castlehaven, Cork SFC Round 4 Replay
- Bantry to transform its parking spaces
- Man killed after wall collapses in Bandon
- Cork camogie captain Anna ready to bloom as 2014 Cork Rose!
- Seafood restaurant's determined to make use of local produce
- Lisa Hannigan concert a highlight of city's Culture Night
- Play it again lads as Gabriels and St Mary's draw
- Clerical Appointments for the Diocese of Cork and Ross