Cork Simon Women's Little Christmas Lunch raised €19,500
The Cork Simon Women’s Little Christmas Lunch has been held every year since 2004 – to date the lunches have raised over €240,000 for people who are homeless in Cork.
Members of the various voluntary organising committees since 2004 gathered recently to present the proceeds of €19,500 from this year’s lunch to Cork Simon.
Included in the photo above, at the presentation of the cheque, are Liz O’Boyle, Mary Dwyer, Mary Wilson, Phil Vaughan, Helen O'Reilly, Dermot Kavanagh, CEO Cork Simon, Rose Donnery, Rachel Stevenson, Head of Fundraising, Cork Simon, and Dave Ronayne, chair of Cork Simon’s Board of Directors.
(Pic: Diane Cusack)
- Tragic homeless man was Skibbereen native
- Durrus landmark shop closes its doors this month - after 80 years
- Author shares theories on Drombeg stone circle
- Residents claiming victory over Lee Valley windfarm
- Pensioner says men came to evict her
- Why go to Lapland when you can visit 'Leapland' instead?
- CCTV cameras ready for action
- Castletownbere is ready to benefit from the Wild Atlantic Way
- Carbery Hunt Ball at Ferhill House Hotel: Slideshow of Photos
- IN THIS WEEK'S SOUTHERN STAR NEWSPAPER