Cork Simon Women's Little Christmas Lunch raised €19,500
The Cork Simon Women’s Little Christmas Lunch has been held every year since 2004 – to date the lunches have raised over €240,000 for people who are homeless in Cork.
Members of the various voluntary organising committees since 2004 gathered recently to present the proceeds of €19,500 from this year’s lunch to Cork Simon.
Included in the photo above, at the presentation of the cheque, are Liz O’Boyle, Mary Dwyer, Mary Wilson, Phil Vaughan, Helen O'Reilly, Dermot Kavanagh, CEO Cork Simon, Rose Donnery, Rachel Stevenson, Head of Fundraising, Cork Simon, and Dave Ronayne, chair of Cork Simon’s Board of Directors.
(Pic: Diane Cusack)
- From model to events producer
- Dunmanway's Veronica aims to be OT leader
- Retiring garda says 'visible' presence needed on peninsula
- Rathbarry engineer's crowd-funding bid to make 'KazeCar' in West Cork
- Skibbereen Credit Union launched its popular photography competition
- 'Maureen meant so much to me'
- Upgraded Drinagh website launched at Agri Workshop in Skibbereen
- Fears for future of 'alarms for elderly' scheme
- Campaign to save Cork Airport set up by Star reader
- Local towns vying for tourism title