Cork Simon Women's Little Christmas Lunch raised €19,500
The Cork Simon Women’s Little Christmas Lunch has been held every year since 2004 – to date the lunches have raised over €240,000 for people who are homeless in Cork.
Members of the various voluntary organising committees since 2004 gathered recently to present the proceeds of €19,500 from this year’s lunch to Cork Simon.
Included in the photo above, at the presentation of the cheque, are Liz O’Boyle, Mary Dwyer, Mary Wilson, Phil Vaughan, Helen O'Reilly, Dermot Kavanagh, CEO Cork Simon, Rose Donnery, Rachel Stevenson, Head of Fundraising, Cork Simon, and Dave Ronayne, chair of Cork Simon’s Board of Directors.
(Pic: Diane Cusack)
- Campaign to save Cork Airport set up by Star reader
- Honours for UCC's high profile former students
- Plumber found 'not guilty' on manslaughter charge
- Airport doomsday fears resurface
- Maureen O'Hara's former PA gets apology as defamation case is settled
- Clonakilty CCTV system goes 'live' this week
- Kinsale's Community School honours its talented pupils
- SuperValu Garda Youth award nominees named
- Running of Bantry shop defended by charity boss
- In this week's Southern Star...