Central Bank of Ireland issues Michael Collins Commemorative Coins
The Central Bank of Ireland has launched two collector coins commemorating the 90th anniversary of the death of Michael Collins.
A €20 gold proof coin and a €10 silver proof coin have both been issued and are available individually and as a set. The coins were designed by artist Thomas Ryan and feature a portrait of Michael Collins. The obverse side of the coin features the harp, as with all collector and circulating coins.
Speaking at the launch, Gerry Quinn, Chief Operations Officer at the Central Bank of Ireland, said: ‘Our collector coins continue to be very popular with the public and the interest in this collector coin has been overwhelming’.
The coins have an issue limit of 12,000 units for the €20 coin and 8,000 units for the €10 coin. In addition, 6,000 sets featuring both coins are available from today.
Coins can be purchased by downloading an order form from www.centralbank.ie, by calling 1890 307 607 or directly from the Central Bank of Ireland on Dame Street in Dublin at a cost of €50 (gold proof), €48 (silver proof) and €95 (double proof).
- Heartbreak as Deane sidelined by cruciate injury
- West Cork roads at crisis level
- In this week's Southern Star
- Salmon farm 'wipe-out' in Bantry Bay?
- Irish Water facing litigation, warns 'Girl Against Fluoride'
- Dive search for missing Dutchman this weekend
- Pushing a contentious fish farming strategy
- Ukraine crisis:Guardian cartoon has Skibbereen Eagle still keeping an eye on'Czar'
- Bantry's Brian Casey a runner-up in Le Crunch competition
- Caulfield plans to give Cork City fans reasons to cheer