Central Bank of Ireland issues Michael Collins Commemorative Coins
The Central Bank of Ireland has launched two collector coins commemorating the 90th anniversary of the death of Michael Collins.
A €20 gold proof coin and a €10 silver proof coin have both been issued and are available individually and as a set. The coins were designed by artist Thomas Ryan and feature a portrait of Michael Collins. The obverse side of the coin features the harp, as with all collector and circulating coins.
Speaking at the launch, Gerry Quinn, Chief Operations Officer at the Central Bank of Ireland, said: ‘Our collector coins continue to be very popular with the public and the interest in this collector coin has been overwhelming’.
The coins have an issue limit of 12,000 units for the €20 coin and 8,000 units for the €10 coin. In addition, 6,000 sets featuring both coins are available from today.
Coins can be purchased by downloading an order form from www.centralbank.ie, by calling 1890 307 607 or directly from the Central Bank of Ireland on Dame Street in Dublin at a cost of €50 (gold proof), €48 (silver proof) and €95 (double proof).
- Tragic homeless man was Skibbereen native
- Durrus landmark shop closes its doors this month - after 80 years
- Author shares theories on Drombeg stone circle
- Why go to Lapland when you can visit 'Leapland' instead?
- Landmark Glandore bar reopened by new owners
- Residents claiming victory over Lee Valley windfarm
- Pensioner says men came to evict her
- Carbery Hunt Ball at Ferhill House Hotel: Slideshow of Photos
- Ballydehob kids are tops for Maths tasks in challenge
- Castletownbere is ready to benefit from the Wild Atlantic Way