Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- In this week's Southern Star...
- From model to events producer
- Courtmac secures iron plaques for history trail
- Search for missing Skibbereen man called off
- Shop in West Cork this Christmas
- Upgraded Drinagh website launched at Agri Workshop in Skibbereen
- AIB chief in Clon for CoAction fundraiser
- 'F' word still has power to shock!
- 'Maureen meant so much to me'
- Airport doomsday fears resurface