Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Pedestrian killed in West Cork collision
- Hollywood icon Maureen O'Hara to sell her West Cork home
- Gardai investigating incident in Dunmanway
- In this week's Southern Star
- Lamh founder responds to shop staff
- Cork craftspeople are on a high with Airport exhibition
- Special screening of Anglo movie in Bantry
- SLIDESHOW: Ballincollig crowned Cork senior football champions
- Clon resident perturbed by antics outside youth disco
- Shoe duo are putting their best foot forward in Bantry