Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Fishermen welcome new lifeboat station for Castletownbere
- Bandon Rebel Week launched
- Hundreds of McCarthys to descend on Dunmanway!
- Counihan targets Munster SFC crown
- Sports Star of the Month Jason Collins Interview
- Big housing waiting list in South Cork
- Grainger Sawmills secure a major order from Turkey
- Joanne O'Riordan addresses a packed audience at Hayfield Manor
- Champions Clon end season on a high
- Rapper Dr Dre sets up tax base in Clonakilty