Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Singer Mary Chapin Carpenter calls Lisheen song an 'early Christmas gift'
- In this week's Southern Star...
- Simply the best junior A football team in Carbery?
- Pop band made Rosy's final wish come true
- At last, an answer to my sliotar query
- CCTV cameras ready for action
- Martin fears for future of Cork Airport
- Beara launch of song adapted from Meehan poem
- Baltimore basement brewery home to new ales
- Gardai investigate Skibbereen stabbing