Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Protests against water charges
- In this week's Southern Star...
- Denis retires after 40 years service
- Broadband announcements welcomed
- Kilmeen honoured for three-in-a-row All-Ireland success
- Men's Shed currach is a year-long labour of true love
- ISPCA asks pet owners to protect their pets this Halloween
- Courtmac lifeboat takes fishing vessel in tow off Old Head of Kinsale
- James Joyce and Skibbereen
- The feisty nun who took on Florence Nightingale