Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Two people rescued after boat capsized in Dunmanus Bay
- Why Courtmac is one of our 'best kept secrets'
- Water charges akin to 'toilet tax' for those who need to flush the loo more
- No support for SF call to banish Israeli ambassador
- O'Donovan and Walsh selected for world senior rowing championships
- Castletownbere RNLI help injured couple after yacht gets into difficulty near Bere Island
- Swimming restricted at top beaches
- Slideshow: West Cork Masters League v Republic of Ireland Over 40s
- West Cork strikers to lead Cork City U19 attack
- Rebels crushed by Clare in Munster U21 final