Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- FF candidates to seek party's nominations
- Serious injuries after two car collision on notorious stretch of road outside Rosscarbery
- Dunmanway and Ballydehob links to award-nominated documentary
- Something to crow about
- Mercy surgeon starts Bantry outreach clinic
- Tourism meeting in Bantry tomorrow night
- Four West Cork nursing homes 'under threat'
- Anger as two major Bandon projects stalled
- Catholic newspaper once again courts controversy
- In a West Cork Minute with Claire Sexton