Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Baltimore drowning victims laid to rest
- Bandon ace and Barnsley star Conor Hourihane has never forgotten his roots
- Returning Rebel Alan O'Connor is adding a spark to the Rebels
- Kerry boss is wary of 'dangerous animal'
- In this week's Southern Star
- Cuthbert questions penalty decision as Cork denied famous Munster final win in Killarney
- Fachtna's death leaves void in community
- Gardai target marine crime with Mizen Coastal Watch
- Local knowledge is the key in ongoing fight against drugs
- Kavanagh: Beat Kerry and you'll exorcise the demons