Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Campaign to save Cork Airport set up by Star reader
- Honours for UCC's high profile former students
- Plumber found 'not guilty' on manslaughter charge
- Airport doomsday fears resurface
- Maureen O'Hara's former PA gets apology as defamation case is settled
- Clonakilty CCTV system goes 'live' this week
- Crookstown crash victim is named
- Kinsale's Community School honours its talented pupils
- Running of Bantry shop defended by charity boss
- Vernon snaps up one of the finest homes on 'Riviera'