Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Rossa senior footballers blow Clonakilty away!
- Our fat crisis could become of elephantine proportions
- Boy (2) dies from injuries sustained in West Cork
- Kitty's 'yes' vote video goes viral
- Schull woman meets Duchess of Cornwall
- Five Liverpool legends confirmed for West Cork match this summer
- Conor making great strides
- Irish Water is holding up Bantry roadworks
- Child airlifted to Cork after farm accident
- Is this what we want tourists to see?