Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Witness in Graham Dwyer case gives evidence from US in video link
- Cork footballers make one change ahead of Kerry visit
- In this week's Southern Star - on sale tomorrow
- Cork name hurling team to face Dublin in Croke Park
- Crash victim has no memory of celebrating 21st in hospital
- Ex-garda says golf club claims were 'total and utter lies'
- Celebrations continue as Veronica steals the show
- Little Zoe (8) died almost instantly after N71 crash
- VIDEO: Sacred Heart manager Brian Daly looks ahead to Saturday's All-Ireland colleges' camogie final
- UCC and Joanne O'Riordan on RTE's Nationwide this Friday