Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Public shut out of popular Gougane Barra amenity
- Heartbreak as Deane sidelined by cruciate injury
- Severe storm causes deaths of thousands of farmed salmon
- Dive search for missing Dutchman this weekend
- West Cork jockeys bid for Cheltenham glory
- In this week's Southern Star
- Success on the double for Cork footballers and hurlers in leagues
- West Cork roads at crisis level
- Caulfield plans to give Cork City fans reasons to cheer
- Irish Water facing litigation, warns 'Girl Against Fluoride'