Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Rosanna Davison to open new gluten-free factory in Clonakilty
- In this week's Southern Star
- Rossa footballers have learned their lesson, says mentor Shane Crowley Snr
- TG4 visits West Cork on its WAW journey of discovery
- Carbery GAA fixtures
- A gem of an idea for Wild Atlantic Way visitors
- Southern Star Ice Bucket Challenge
- Water babies making a splash in West Cork
- Heartbreak for Kilmeen in county junior B football final
- Heather O'Brien named Cork Person of the Month