Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Rebellious Clonakilty will elect own mayor!
- Friends of Deirdre O'Reilly aim to raise €200,000 for Bandon reporter
- Fundraising drive for new extension to Castletownshend National School
- Easter call-out for Baltimore lifeboats
- Beara begin life after Brendan Jer
- Crime rate down in West Cork
- Late, late heartbreak for Cork U21s against Roscommon
- Big additions swell Carbery ranks
- Meg was a 'beautiful, kind girl who loved life'
- RTÉ's MUSIC INC is back and looking for participants