Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Skibbereen brothers progress to quarter-finals at world senior rowing championships
- O'Donovan Rossa through to last four of the Cork SFC
- Family's violent 'secret' unveiled in new Collins book
- Liam's treat for his taxi man goes viral
- Clonakilty houses boarded up for over a decade
- Leap's waterfall takes centre stage again
- Young Enniskeane farmer keeps himself busy
- Mathúnas tipped to edge past Dohenys
- Mrs Brown's 'Winnie' loves West Cork from head to Toe
- Shining like an ARC light