Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Macroom road closed after fatal crash
- St Mary's crowned West Cork junior A football champions!
- Bantry musician Taidhg died after 'taking the wrong lift'
- Day-trippers' barbecue devastates Seal Island
- Clon courthouse revamp is bad news for Skibb
- Bantry House to sell off its contents
- Former health minister took on the tobacco industry
- At home in Bantry House
- Bantry to transform its parking spaces
- Funds plea as Dunmanway family centre is 'struggling to stay open'