Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Cork IT company warns of hotel Wi-Fi dangers
- In this week's Southern Star newspaper
- Baffled by enthusiasm of salmon farm endorsement
- Draws made for 2014 Sigerson and Fitzgibbon cups
- Lyre and Drinagh heading for schoolgirls' league showdown
- TV3 airs 'A Doctor's War' - a one off special on the only Irish man to survive the Nagasaki atomic bomb
- Bantry General Hospital - A Smoke Free campus from Monday January 6th 2014
- Castletownbere waste plant to be completed in 2015
- Plenty happening and still more to come
- Bandon inspired by success of Westport's rejuvenation