Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Cork make six changes ahead of All-Ireland qualifier with Sligo
- Sun, sea and sales are order of the day at Garretstown
- Gabriels dump Caheragh out of South West JAFC
- Winnie loves to chill in West Cork
- Finding a place to call home in Skibbereen
- Big match organisers drawing from past experience
- Mealagh Valley wind farm refusal hailed as a landmark decision
- Lecture from d'mammy leads to new business!
- Tragumna Island Swim on Saturday in West Cork
- Caheragh leave it late to secure victory