Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- Dunmanway Town can edge mygaff.ie Cup final
- Dog rescue 'a first' for Lifeboat
- Major new jobs announcement by Global Shares in Clonakilty
- Vinyl love in Ballydehob will have the village in a spin
- In this week's Southern Star
- Kinsale hosts Chowder Cook-Off this weekend
- GRAHAM DWYER: Nothing of note in his West Cork childhood to predict such a sordid path
- Kathryn sets up €1,000-a-week fitness bootcamp on Inish Beg
- Cllrs given a 2016 start date for Bantry works
- Train-lover Barney has 100 reasons to celebrate