Aldi for Skibbereen?
SKIBBEREEN Town Council has agreed in principle by a majority of eight to one to provide a right of way that would facilitate a supermarket development on a privately-owned site on the southern side of the Fairfield car park.
Owners Shead Properties Ltd were expected to lodge a planning application forthwith and, if granted, to lease the building to a supermarket operator, believed to be Aldi – but nothing definite has been confirmed in this regard.
At the council’s August monthly meeting, the only dissenting voice was the Mayor of Skibbereen, Cllr Karen Coakley. Read the full report in next week’s Southern Star.
- SLIDESHOW: Relive a magical day for Clonakilty's hockey ladies
- The Real Thing - Remembering Hillsborough
- A big boost for football in Bal
- Clonakilty girls scoop top prize in school bank competition
- Coachford girl Tammy Duggan located
- Sonia launches Glenilen Farm product
- Big additions swell Carbery ranks
- Castlehaven honours its heroes after a year that will live long in the memory
- Mid Cork teenager missing
- Cork GAA star launches official Moro GAA bar