Long wait is over for Town footballers
Castletownbere 1-12, Éire Óg 0-13
WHEN you are waiting over a quarter of a century to win a county title, you might as well do it the hard way.
Last Sunday at Páirc Uí Rinn, Castletownbere claimed county intermediate football honours for the first time since 1986, terminating a sequence of five final defeats in the process.
It marked the completion of a campaign which began on a most inauspicious note, with defeats at the hands of Kanturk and Adrigole in the opening two rounds suggesting their hopes of bridging a 26-year gap were extremely remote.
For comprehensive match coverage, post-match reaction and a selection of photographs, see this Thursday’s Southern Star
- Drama community mourns death of Tim Coffey
- Eulogy to Kilmeen's Tim Coffey
- Historic three in a row for Kilmeen Drama Group
- Inquest told trawler changed its course minutes before collision
- Kilmeen Drama Group to feature in television documentary series
- Sole survivor asleep below deck when Tit Bonhomme hit rock
- 'Clon to Sea' festival launched
- New driving licence organ donation initiative will help save lives - Burke
- Poignant moment as recordings of 999 calls played
- Skibb TC won't go quietly!