Haven Bay Care Centre award
For the first time, a quality assurance award has been made to a residential care centre in recognition of the commitment to the standard of practice of the Sonas™ programme.
Congratulations to Haven Bay Care Centre. The award presentation took place at the Sonas apc 4th International Dementia Care Conference at the end of May in Dublin.
Kathleen Lynch, Minister for Disability, Equality, Mental Health and Older People, presented the award. Congratulations to Yvonne McCarthy, Deirdre Mullins and their Sonas practitioner team.
Deirdre Mullins, activities co-ordinator, commented on receiving the award: ‘we are delighted to have been recognised for our commitment to the quality of our delivery of the Sonas programme.
This is a testament to the importance of dementia care in Haven Bay Care Centre and the Sonas programme is a very important part of our care programme. It is a privilege to be one of three care centres being recognised today.’
Sonas Quality Standards is proudly sponsored by Abbey Healthcare and Nutricia Medical.
Sonas is an effective, evidence-based therapeutic activity for people who have significant communication impairment, primarily as a result of Alzheimer’s or other dementias and was founded in Ireland in the early 1990s.
- Concert-goers deaf to the dangers of loud music
- Drama community mourns death of Tim Coffey
- Gardai in Ballincollig investigate fatal road traffic collision
- VIDEO CLIP: Preview of this week's Southern Star sports section
- Baffled by enthusiasm of salmon farm endorsement
- Bantry General Hospital - A Smoke Free campus from Monday January 6th 2014
- Controversy over development of former Ballydehob bank building
- Mouth-guards will be mandatory for all GAA players from January 1st, 2014
- TV3 airs 'A Doctor's War' - a one off special on the only Irish man to survive the Nagasaki atomic bomb
- Book of Condolences for Nelson Mandela in Clonakilty