Haven Bay Care Centre award
For the first time, a quality assurance award has been made to a residential care centre in recognition of the commitment to the standard of practice of the Sonas™ programme.
Congratulations to Haven Bay Care Centre. The award presentation took place at the Sonas apc 4th International Dementia Care Conference at the end of May in Dublin.
Kathleen Lynch, Minister for Disability, Equality, Mental Health and Older People, presented the award. Congratulations to Yvonne McCarthy, Deirdre Mullins and their Sonas practitioner team.
Deirdre Mullins, activities co-ordinator, commented on receiving the award: ‘we are delighted to have been recognised for our commitment to the quality of our delivery of the Sonas programme.
This is a testament to the importance of dementia care in Haven Bay Care Centre and the Sonas programme is a very important part of our care programme. It is a privilege to be one of three care centres being recognised today.’
Sonas Quality Standards is proudly sponsored by Abbey Healthcare and Nutricia Medical.
Sonas is an effective, evidence-based therapeutic activity for people who have significant communication impairment, primarily as a result of Alzheimer’s or other dementias and was founded in Ireland in the early 1990s.
- Golfer Kieran Lynch in conversation with The Southern Star
- Reluctant closure of Cara House unit 'outside the control of' Skibbereen Geriatric Society
- West Cork robbed by government
- Carbery emerge as contenders
- West Fork magazine announces Drinagh as title sponsor
- 'Everything went right for us'
- Bandon-Innishannon railway path to be named Dr Clare O'Leary Walk
- Fishing tragedy recalled at Murphy Gathering
- Bandon to paint the town red for Rebel Week
- Big crowds enjoy the bank holiday festivities in Castletownbere