A MAJOR talk on the sinking of the Lusitania will be held in Skibbereen in July, as a fundraiser for the Friends of Bantry Hospital.
THE State's bid to prevent Jules Thomas, partner of Ian Bailey, proceeding with her action for damages over her alleged wrongful arrest by gardai investigating the late 1996 murder of Sophie Toscan du Plantier, has again been adjourned at the High Court.
- BBC to film Sinn Fein's O'Donovan Rossa funeral re-enactment in Dublin city centre
- Dunmanway's McCarthy DNA project seeks to trace relatives
- Schools 'delighted' with exam results
- A day Drinagh will never forget
- Fascinating aspects of early Rosscarbery
- IN THIS WEEK'S SOUTHERN STAR NEWSPAPER