By Jackie Keogh
Summertime festivals are meant to be great fun - a time to cut loose and allow people enjoy the very best of what their community has to offer - but the Ahakista Regatta and Festival also serves as a timely fundraiser for the community's stated objective of creating a new purpose-built community centre right in the heart of the village.
TOP NEWS STORIES
- Tragic homeless man was Skibbereen native
- Durrus landmark shop closes its doors this month - after 80 years
- Author shares theories on Drombeg stone circle
- Residents claiming victory over Lee Valley windfarm
- Pensioner says men came to evict her
- Why go to Lapland when you can visit 'Leapland' instead?
- CCTV cameras ready for action