IT was a chance encounter in the early 1960s that unearthed the steel casket that transported the remains of Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa back to Ireland from New York in 1915.
A GROUP of visiting archaeologists from the University of Maryland in the US are to continue their excavations at Windmill Rock in Skibbereen, despite a fire coming close to ruining the site.
- Fachtna's death leaves void in community
- In this week's Southern Star
- Goold to partner O'Connor in Cork midfield for Munster SFC final
- Search resumes off Baltimore for missing man
- Two West Cork derbies whet the appetite in draw for round four of Cork SFC
- All female Search and Rescue Helicopter crew
- Do you think you are Cork's fittest person?